There are resources available for scholarships for your professional growth with your certification or a degree. Here are a few:
- The SHRM Foundation awards a total of $100,000 annually in scholarships for SHRM members pursuing degrees in HR-related fields or SPHR, GPHR, PHR certification.
- In addition, SHRM professional chapters and state councils are eligible to compete for the Certification scholarship to fund programs that promote SPHR, GPHR, PHR or California certification. (Note: 'SHRM members' includes professional, general or associate members. Student members, student chapters and local-only members of chapters are not eligible for this scholarship program.)
- All applications must be submitted online. You may begin the online application process, create a user account to save your work and then complete the process at a later date. Your application must be completed and submitted by July 15 to be considered for an award. All applicants will be notified of results by October 15.
- The Arkansas SHRM State Council awards a $1000 scholarship to a college student who has demonstrated scholastic achievement and a commitment to a career in human resources.
- This award is named in honor of J.C. Cote, who was a dedicated member of the ARSHRM State Council and the Western Arkansas SHRM chapter (WAHRA). J.C. served as Chapter President of WASHRM for two years. He also represented the ARSHRM State Council as 2001 State HR Conference Chair and as West District Director. J.C. put his “heart and soul” into these roles. Through this scholarship award, the Arkansas SHRM State Council seeks to identify and reward students who characterize J.C.'s commitment to the human resources profession.
- The application can be accessed on the ARSHRM website