NOARK Meetings in Lowell, Arkansas
A majority of NOARK members are full-time human resource managers, directors, vice presidents, specialists, trainers, recruitment and staffing specialists, consultants, and small business owners. The audience ranges from entry-level practitioners to most highly advanced individuals in the HR profession. Average monthly meeting attendance is 100.
Selection and Programming
A Program Committee will be reviewing and selecting the speakers for the monthly meetings. The programs will include topics related to human resources in the following key areas:
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Leadership and Navigation
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness
- Ethical Practice
- Critical Evaluation
- Business Acumen
Members of the Program Committee review all proposals. The Program Committee will make a final selection of those proposals accepted. Notification or declination will be sent approximately 30 days after the proposal is received.
Each session will last 60 minutes.
A Note Concerning Honorarium
NOARK has a tradition of using educational sessions as a platform for innovation in the field of human resource management. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of networking. Reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided.
Sessions conducted by practitioners that include practical, immediately applicable work tools will be given preference. NOARK seeks presentations that will provide our attendees with information that will improve their effectiveness on the job.
We expect presenters to:
- Meet all deadlines.
- Present the session content as you describe in on the Call for Presentation form: do not change after you submit.
- Honor NOARK’s commitment to provide education by not showcasing or promoting the speaker’s practice, services or products.
- Respect NOARK as the sponsoring organization with either positive or neutral comments from the platform.
- Retain the number of presenters as originally submitted
In return, NOARK will:
- Provide a complimentary meal at the meeting.
- Pay expenses (i.e., coach-airfare, transportation to and from the airport and NOARK-approved lodging on the presentation days if applicable).
- Grant you valuable professional exposure.
- Provide you with your evaluation scores after the conference.
Benefits of Presenting
If your presentation is selected for delivery at the NOARK meeting, you will receive the following benefits:
- Acknowledgements from and interaction with HR professionals
- The opportunity to showcase your talents and share experiences
- The ability to enhance your professional creditability while serving and advancing the HR profession
- Recognition in NOARK promotional and event materials.
- Exposure to SHRM members and meeting attendees in Arkansas.
Thank you for submitting your proposal for the NOARK meeting.
Tammie Edrington, 2019 Programs Chair