NOARK currently offers three membership levels:
SHRM membership in the Chapter is limited to those persons who are also an active SHRM member.
Non SHRM membership is open to those persons who have a bona fide interest in Human Resource Management but are not active SHRM members.
While SHRM and Non-SHRM memberships are designed to meet the needs of people currently working in the HR field, student membership is designed for individuals just exploring human resources and preparing to enter the profession. Student membership is available to all members in good standing of chartered SHRM Student Chapters in the area or to individuals recognized by SHRM as At-large Student Members.
Student membership will also be available to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- You are enrolled in the equivalent of at least six credit hours per term in a degree-seeking program.
- Your coursework, taken or planned, supports an interest in Human Resource Management.
- Students must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program, such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, and taking a minimum of six credits per term. While certificate programs are worthwhile educational opportunities, they do not qualify for student membership.
- Any person who requests a student membership and whose current professional employment and primary responsibilities are in the profession of Human Resources may be denied student membership.
- Anyone requesting student status may be asked to provide proof of enrollment. There is a three-year limit for student membership after which you must apply as a SHRM or Non-SHRM member based on employment. Student Members will be entitled to all benefits, rights, and privileges of SHRM Members, except that they will not be eligible to vote or hold elective office.
- SHRM Member: $65
- Non-SHRM Member: $75
- Student Member: Free (If eligibility requirements are met)
IRC section 162(e)(3) denies taxpayers a deduction for dues paid to exempt organizations to the extent that the organization notifies the taxpayer at the time dues are paid that said dues are allocable to non-deductible lobbying and political expenses. IRC section 6033(e)(1)(A) requires exempt organizations that pay/incur non-deductible lobbying expenses to notify members of its reasonable estimate of the portion of the dues allocated to non-deductible lobbying and political expenses. The amount is less than 1%.
NOARK wants to encourage our large companies to be active in our membership. Membership renewal and new member individual dues will be discounted based on the number of SHRM members (not Non-SHRM members) from the same company based on the following schedule:
- 1 to 10: $65 per member
- 11th to 20th: $55 per member
- 21st to 30th: $50 per member
- 31st+: $45 per member
Each corporate discount is based upon the number of SHRM Members on October 31 of the prior year.