Finding Out The Truth in Investigatory Interviews: Falsehoods, Deceptions, Omissions and Interference
By: Teri Morning | Thursday, April 17, 2014 | 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM PDT (90 Min)
Employers conduct investigations for a variety of reasons; employee complaints, background checks, allegations of misconduct, losses of various types. The shared primary purpose of these investigations is the same - to find out the true facts of a situation to determine a course of action to take - or to not take. This webinar will cover how to handle the investigatory interviews to find out the truth. The session will discuss the difference between misinterpreted recollection vs. purposeful distortion and how to get to the bottom of the situation.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- How to tell the difference between misinterpreted recollections vs. purposeful distortion or even providing misinformation.
- Telling the difference between a witness’s selective memories vs. human forgetfulness.
- Finding out if the investigator didn’t ask an understandable, good question vs. a witness’s purposeful omission.
- How to start an interview so most witnesses will be truthful and forthcoming from the beginning.
- How to get to facts that were omitted whether purposefully or not.
- Getting to the bottom of inference and untangling the web of deception.
- The best defense is a good offense mindset – Interviewing those who disorder, complicate, blow up and back track.
- Leave the TV shows out - The 5 best ways to tell if someone is lying to you.
- How to ask good questions to get good answers.
Who Will Benefit? This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all personnel in:
- Employee Relations
- HR Generalists and HR Associates
- Those in non-HR jobs who have investigatory responsibilities
Use coupon code 238568 to get 10% discount on registration; offer valid tillTuesday, March 25, 2014
This coupon is valid for purchase of upcoming webinar(s) too.
Teri Morning, President and Chief Everything Officer, Teri Morning Enterprises (Know More)
Other Upcoming Webinars:
- Employee Final Settlements: What You Can Do To Achieve Final Finality March 25, 2014
- 3-hr Virtual Seminar: Affirmative Action and the OFCCP - An In-depth Primer March 27, 2014
- Why Social Networking Is a Concern for Human Resource Professional: Complying with Employment and Labor Laws March 28, 2014
- California Wage and Hour Compliance: Payroll Unique to the Golden State! March 31, 2014
- Register Now
- ADD to Calendar
- Join us in LinkedIn
- Subscribe to Our RSS feed
- Register Online. Use your American Express, Visa, MasterCard and others.
- Schedule conflict? Sign up for on-demand webinar recording
- For more than one attendee get 20% off on the price of additional attendee.
- Get your group to attend the webinar at a discounted price call +1-888-717-2436.
- Call +1-888-717-2436 or Fax your PO: 650-963-2556.
- Pay your check to (payee name) "MetricStream Inc" our parent company and Mail the check to: ComplianceOnline (MetricStream, Inc), 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
For more information, please contact the event coordinator. We look forward to seeing you at the webinar.