Company: George's Inc.
The Training and Project Specialist is responsible for the design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of learning and programs that facilitate professional development and continuous learning of George’s team members as well as improves organizational capabilities and performance. This role is also responsible for managing the human resources project portfolio and acts as the Project Management Office (PMO) for HR which includes assisting project managers in organizing new and ongoing projects. Serves as project manager for key HR projects with high visibility and impact for the organization.
Detailed Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partner with HR and other functional areas such as Compliance, FSQA, Employee Safety, Employee Health, etc., to develop annual training plans for production and professional team members throughout the organization.
- Design, develop, implement, deliver and evaluate learnings for George’s team members at all levels of the organization utilizing various video editing and training development tools.
- SME for the Learning Management System (LMS) and oversees the administration of the system. Monitor and report on completion of required team member trainings to ensure compliance and targeted goals are met.
- Research, plan and coordinate training programs, seminars and conferences for supervisory and professional personnel. Manage the training logistics (Prepare and distribute training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms and visual aids, book training space, manage participant travel, order training supplies and materials to enhance instruction programs, etc.). Market available training to team members and provide necessary information about sessions.
- SME for project management and serve a Project Manager for key HR projects and initiatives.
- Act as the Project Management Office (PMO) for HR which includes assisting project managers in organizing new and ongoing projects.
- Monitor project plans and schedule utilizing the portfolio tracker and provide timely feedback to project sponsors. Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable. Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining learning materials to assist with project management orientation as well as ongoing project management education. Provide ongoing support in the use of project management tools for project leaders and team members.
This position will not have supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Project Management, Organizational Design or related field
- 3 years of project management, learning and development experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Public speaking and/or facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency with various training development and video editing tools such as Vyond, Articulate 360, Vimeo, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Instructional Design Certification