FREE Workshop---2017 Employee Benefit Plan Update
It's a Jungle Out There
NOARK is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠. This program is valid for 3.00 PDCs for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval. This Program has been approved for 3.0 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
After completing this workshop, participants will understand and be able to describe: Recent litigation impacting employee benefit plans, proposed changes to Form 5500 and EBP reporting, common errors in Form 5500 filings, and guidance for reviewing Form 5500, CyberSecurity risks and recommended actions for mitigating those risks
Using Bread Crumbs to Find Your Way Out of the Jungle
SPEAKER: Brandon Long, McAfee & Taft
- Identify the fiduciaries of your Plan and learn helpful nuggets to guide fiduciaries on the right path
- Overview of recent litigation impacting employee benefit plans (EBP) to understand the trends and why it matters to you
- Current developments in the EBP industry
Form 5500 – It's Not Just a Signature Page and Regulatory Changes are in the Air
SPEAKER: Jill Pierce and Gwen Bryant, HoganTaylor LLP
- Walkthrough a practical review of Form 5500 – experience a guided tour of a Form 5500 review and common errors discovered
- Understand the proposed modifications to Form 5500, including key changes to existing schedules, new schedules, impact on group health plans, and new compliance questions on operations and financial management of plans
- Navigating through proposed changes in EBP reporting and how these modifications will impact your plan
CyberSecurity – It's a Jungle Out There
SPEAKER: Cody Griffin, HoganTaylor
- Examine recent CyberSecurity attacks and the financial impact to businesses
- Tips on keeping employee and sensitive data safe
- Discussion of managing CyberSecurity risks and mitigating breaches