Location: Conway, Arkansas
First and foremost, DBG is looking for a confident, engaged and fully committed Strategic HR Business partner who enjoys working in a manufacturing environment and is not afraid of rolling up their sleeves to help the team achieve its vision. They are looking for a leader who believes in people and in helping them grow to reach their potential, for a leader of leaders who can help colleagues and managers be their very best at helping their Associates be successful, for a leader who will ensure Associates have a growth plan and career path that is owned as much by the individual as it is by their manager and the HR department.
They are looking for an HR Leader who:
Strategically plans human resource strategies in support of organizational goals.
Manages organizational change to increase employee satisfaction and engagement.
Identifies opportunities for improving, developing, and retaining talent.
Uses data and statistics to solve real-world HR problems.
Structures competitive compensation packages, benefits, and rewards initiatives, and measure their success.
Builds on and strengthen an already strong, values-based corporate culture that treats its Associates, customers, and suppliers, like true partners.
Detailed Job Description
The Sr. HR Manager will report to the General Manager of DBG, USA with a dotted line directly to the company CEO, and will be responsible for leading the Human Resources initiatives for the Conway facilities. This is an opportunity for the right HR leader to make a significant impact and have their imprint on an expanding U.S. manufacturing enterprise.
This is your opportunity to lead the HR function in a company committed to the things that all HR professionals dream of, i.e., attracting, growing, and retaining employees in a powerfully positive culture of engagement. Some of the programs, initiatives and processes that help create such an environment are currently in place; some simply need to be revitalized. Others are for you to envision and bring to life.
The Sr. HR Manager will be responsible for the strategic design and implementation of a comprehensive talent life cycle strategy focused on attracting, growing and engaging people to achieve it. This will require a confident leader who is comfortable selling their ideas, using data and effective analysis for those who may still need convincing, and can lead the change processes required to bring these initiatives to life.
This person will also be responsible for recruitment, onboarding, and staffing, employment law and compliance, performance management, Associate and Labor relations, talent development, succession planning, and compensation and benefits. In addition, he or she will provide leadership and direction to their HR staff as well as to outside HR consultants.
In addition, the Sr HR Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the company’s human resources business plan focused on creating a highly engaged workforce, establishing accountability, identifying solutions to resolve problems, and fostering a diverse workplace that enables all Associates to contribute to the organization at their full potential.
The Sr HR Manager should possess strong personal and leadership characteristics:
- They are confident in presenting ideas, capable of holding their ground in conversations with other strong leaders
- They are secure, capable of contributing their thoughts, ideas, and experience to help solve problems; not a wallflower just trying to survive
- They are persuasive, having ideas and opinions they believe in, can advocate for them, and are effective in helping others understand their value
- They exhibit balance between drive/strength/passion and patience
- They have a clear vision for HR, and can communicate it to others and gain their support
- They are effective communicators; Clear, articulate, and succinct.
- They can create and deliver effective presentations that capture the attention and engagement of a variety of audiences.
- They are a self-starter. They don’t wait to be told what to do. They take the initiative.
- They are a learner, constantly open to new ideas, seeking them out and continuing to learn new ways to strengthen the team and the culture.
- They understand how to navigate relationships within an organization. They value partnerships with peers, supports them when possible, and works with them to get right things done.
- They are collaborative and capable of engaging in effective debate and healthy conflict to get better results without taking pushback personally.
- They are committed to leading their own team and helping them grow and develop. They support and stand behind their team, and advocate for the resources and minimizes the obstacles to help them be successful.
About the Company
DBG is a 45-year-old privately held metal fabrication/stamping manufacturing company headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, with operations in the U.S. and Mexico. These operations supply components to the Commercial Vehicle (Heavy and Medium Trucks and Busses) Automotive, Military, Agriculture, Construction and Consumer Goods customers around the world.
The company has clearly defined its Core Values, Code of Ethical Conduct, Associate Charter of Trust, and Leadership Expectations which are foundational to its culture, and are inspired by a compelling vision for growth and continuous improvement. The CEO and senior leadership are committed to working with Associates to create a culture of engagement that leads to high levels of customer satisfaction. They are seeking an energetic HR Leader to spearhead initiatives and partner with them to achieve this vision in their U.S. operations.
Conway, Arkansas Operations
The operation in Conway, Arkansas was acquired in 2017 and currently generates nearly one quarter of the revenue for this multimillion-dollar company.
The 62-acre, 525,000 square feet of combined manufacturing space, along with just over 200 team members provides customers with state of the art tools, machining capability and high tonnage stamping equipment.
The two facilities on this acreage are supported with auxiliary equipment including manual and robotic weld cells, other assembly equipment and a wet on wet prime and topcoat paint line.
The successful candidate will bring seven to ten years of experience and demonstrated success in a senior HR leadership role in a 50 to 300M dollar company, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required
· Certified SPHR or SHRM-SCP
· A Master of Business Administration is preferred.
Competitive benefits package