Company: John Brown University
Location: Siloam Springs
The Payroll Specialist is a part-time temporary position that reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer. Performing critical payroll functions to further the mission and objectives of the University, the position supports the processing of payroll for faculty, staff, and students complying with federal and state laws. The position also supports other Human Resources functions as needed. Specific hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 9 AM – 1 PM.
Detailed Job Description
About the Company
John Brown University is a leading private Christian university, training students to honor God and serve others since 1919. Arkansas’ top-ranked regional university (U.S. News Best Colleges, 2021), JBU enrolls more than 2,200 students from 37 states and 48 countries in its traditional undergraduate, graduate, online and concurrent education programs. JBU offers more than 40 undergraduate majors, with top programs including nursing, psychology, kinesiology, engineering, biology, family and human services, and graphic design. Eighteen graduate programs are available in business, counseling, cybersecurity, education and higher education.
- Strong ability to create good will with staff, faculty, and students; servant attitude.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and communicate tactfully, and confidentially, is required.
- Sets objectives and accomplishes them without the need for frequent follow-up. Task oriented, with ability to move multiple tasks forward while handling interruptions.
- Ability to learn new tasks and concepts and the desire to continue professional growth.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
This is a part-time position, not benefits eligible
For more information and to apply, please go to: