Company: Northwest Arkansas National Airport
Location: One Airport Blvd., Ste. 100, Bentonville, AR 72713
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The main functions performed by this position are detailed accounting policy and procedures which include payroll, individual employee account maintenance and coordination of applicable benefit programs and related accounting. This position schedules and initiates regularly reoccurring tasks and responds to special projects, inquiries and requests.
1. Maintains all employee payroll and personal files: updates employee master records, pay rates, deductions both voluntary and those required by law and court order. Processes payroll by input of hours/time sheet reconciliation/payroll registers/reports/electronic wire transfers and related documents to complete payroll to P/R and post to G/L. This includes the processing of month end, quarterly and annual payroll tax reports and related payment processing as required by law. Distributes payroll stubs to staff.
2. Personnel Files- Assists HR in maintenance of files for all employees that include current pay rate and deductions required by law, voluntary deductions for benefits, garnishments, and request verification of w/ holding.
3. Medical Files- Assists HR in maintenance of files for all employees that include any insurance benefit documentation, drug/physical test results and any other documentation regarding the health of the employee or their dependents. This includes processing disability claims.
4. Employee Enrollment- Assists HR with enrolling new employees and completes all related forms for payroll and explains all available benefits offered by the employer. The employee assists in the termination process of employees.
5. Employee Benefits Administration- Assists HR in processing applications for any insurance, benefits, retirement and deductions which have been selected by individual employees.
6. Benefits Coordination - Works with HR to maintain good communication with insurance representatives to provide answers to employees as necessary and assists with any claim issues. This includes informing appropriate companies of terminations or resignations and updating of personnel information and related submission of COBRA notifications and related documentation. Also included is the review of monthly insurance billings and payment processing.
7. Bank Deposits- Process deposits by inputting information into accounting software.
8. Bank Account Reconcilement/Money & Bank Transfers- Ensure the accounting software reconciles with all bank statements and determine if/what actions should be taken to ensure accuracy on a monthly basis. Input all journal entries into the accounting software daily.
9. Audit Preparation- Prepare year-end reports, schedules, and reconcilement documentation for auditors on an annual basis.
10. Other duties as assigned.
About the Company
Opened for commercial passenger business on November 1, 1998, the geographic terrain where the airport is located provides tremendous facilities for regional and larger jet aircraft to operate. Only one of two Airport Authorities in the state of Arkansas, the Board of Directors sole purpose is to build, operate, and maintain the facility, including runways, structures, roadways, staff and finances required to operate a modern aviation facility. The airport staff strives to keep pace with the growing demands of NW Arkansas thriving economy and passenger traffic. This is done by initiatives to provide increased passenger destinations and expanded customer service what the citizens and visitors to NW Arkansas have come to expect and deserve. NW Arkansas dynamic economy, coupled with our air carrier partners response to demand, combined to make the Northwest Arkansas National Airport the most eXciting New Airport in the country.
Our mission is to ensure that the safest and most modern aviation infrastructure is in place to satisfy the needs of the traveling public. Environmentally conscious travel and development will be used to protect the natural splendor of the region while providing reliable, cost-effective and convenient transportation for the public we serve.
The Northwest Arkansas National Airport Authority (NWANAA) operates the airport. NWANAA is comprised of five cities and two counties. The cities, Bentonville, Fayetteville, Rogers, Siloam Springs and Springdale, each appoint two members to the Board of Directors, as do Benton and Washington Counties. The Board of Directors mission is to build, operate and maintain the runways, structures, roadways, staff and finances required to operate a modern aviation facility. As Northwest Arkansas grows, so grows the airport. The key: Don't build more facilities than you need and can afford. Prudent financial management with an eye toward the future are essential components in assuring facilities are in place at the right time.
KNOWLEDGE- College degree required, with an accounting degree preferred or supplemented by previous training or work experience in accounting to provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and methods and of their application to accounting transactions and reports.
Knowledge of governmental accounting.
Ability to make and verify large quantities of financial computations with accuracy and speed, reconcile and analyze funds and data and resolve differences noted.
Good interpersonal skills (verbal and written communication) with an ability to courteously explain procedures and practices to employees, customers, etc.
Ability to work well with others and support the team mission(s).
Experience with Excel, database management, record keeping and organizational skills.
Ability to maintain financial records and prepare financial reports.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.