Company: Fayetteville Public Library
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oversees the Library's human resources functions and defines HR policies. Develops and delivers human resources programs that support the organization's overall direction. Assumes responsibility for all aspects of human resources including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, performance assessment, retention, organizational planning and development, education/training including progressive discipline, compensation, benefits, and employee relations. Provides an overall strategic plan to increase Library staffing to support the expanded Fayetteville Public Library. Participates in review of monthly payroll to ensure correct benefits administration. Provides leadership, direction and supervision for HR Assistant.
Detailed Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establishes recruiting, onboarding, training, and development programs as well as performance management and reward systems.
2. Leads the effort to promote, teach, and maintain the Library's culture.
3. Formulates and recommends human resources policies and objectives for the Library.
4. Determines and recommends employee relation practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and retention.
5. Directs a process of organizational planning that addresses future staff needs and succession planning.
6. Creates organizational strategic training and development plans to meet personal, professional, and organizational needs of Library employees. This includes training managers and directors in progressive discipline.
7. Assists Director of Accounting and Executive Director by developing recommendations for wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, and employee benefit programs. Monitors these policies and programs for effectiveness and cost analysis. Establishes strategic plans for acquisition, retention, and continuing development of key human resources throughout the Library.
8. Assists the Executive Director in developing organization charts that reflect optimal efficiency and service goals. Assist in writing and grading job descriptions.
9. Ensures employee pay rates and benefits are entered into the payroll system accurately. Reviews preliminary payroll to ensure accuracy of all entries. Assists in preparing payroll as needed.
10. Coordinates annual open enrollment.
11. Coordinates with Budget Administrator to ensure potential new hires are authorized FTEs and charged to the correct department. Coordinates with Facilities to ensure new hires are in possession of appropriate badge for the security and timekeeping systems.
12. Establishes and maintains effective systems of communications with employees.
13. Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function (e.g. OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage Hour). Monitors exposure of the Library and develops pro-active policy changes to mitigate risk to the Library. Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance.
14. Protects interests of employees and the Library in accordance with Library Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Reviews proposed disciplinary actions and develops recommendations for improving employee performance up to and including review of recommendations for terminations.
15. Formulates and recommends personnel policies and objectives of the Library. Directs the interpretation and application of those policies throughout the Library.
16. Provides direction, leadership, and supervision for staff assigned to HR.
17. Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
About the Company
The Fayetteville Public Library, in scenic NW Arkansas, is seeking an experienced human resources manager.
Fayetteville, Arkansas is a charming college town listed as a “best place to live” 3 years in a row by US News & World Report, and the public library is often referred to as the city’s crown jewel. We seek an experienced HR generalist who understands that our employees are our greatest strength. We are looking for someone who is committed to recruiting top talent, and providing our staff members with an exceptional work experience. From the moment of hire until the time they leave the organization, we want employees to be engaged in their jobs. Our ideal candidate will be skilled in managing compensation, benefits, recognition, training, performance management and employee relations in a manner that retains staff members long-term and builds our brand. Our Human Resources Manager is tasked with ensuring that our company culture welcomes a diverse population and supports each person in achieving career goals within the organization as we undertake an 80,000 square foot expansion to our existing 88,000 square foot building.
Degree in Human Resources Management plus 5 year of general experience and 5 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer PHR or SPHR certification or equivalent. Experience with legal aspects of HR management a plus.
Full range of benefits
PAY RANGE: $51,210 - $76,794
Send cover letter, resume and completed application to to eat0@eau0eav0eaw0 or mail to:
Fayetteville Public Library
Attn: Sharon Daniel
401 W Mountain Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Application is at https://www.faylib.org/fpl-info/employment-opportunities