Company: Medical Associates of NWA
Location: Medical Associates of NWA
The Human Resources Specialist is primarily responsible for contributing to the effective operation and customer-focused service within Human Resources to ensure all customers experience quality service. Effectively coordinates all leave cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA PDA, etc.). Responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with Team Member Recruitment, On-boarding, Retention and Off-boarding. Performs exemplary customer service and assistance to team members, management, executives and HR team.
Detailed Job Description
Leave Administration –
• Effectively coordinate all leave cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA PDA, etc.). Performs exemplary customer service and assistance to team members, management, executives and HR team.
• Serves as the subject matter expert for MANA’s leave programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR Director.
• Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Provides all notices in a timely manner and in accordance with the laws.
• Approves leave cases based on relevant medical information and consults with the HR Director on leave cases suggested for denial. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
• Manages all administrative aspects of leave to include keeping track of and filing all leave documentation, tracking hours used/taken and working closely with leadership and Payroll to ensure that time and pay for associates is accurate and correct.
• Works closely with team members to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all team members on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for team members on leave.
• Prepares notice to team members regarding benefit premiums that will need to be paid while on leave and works closely with Benefits Administrator to ensure premiums stay caught up timely and catch up premiums are processed timely.
• Train new managers on FMLA and assist HR Director with annual FMLA manager retraining
• Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases and presents reports to HR Director.
• Review current process and identify improvements to process steps, forms, online resources, written policies, etc. and make recommendations to the HR Director.
Team Member Recruitment/Onboarding/Retention Administration –
• Responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with Team Member Recruitment, Onboarding and Retention.
• Create and publish job ads in various portals
• Oversees the applicant tracking process, including troubleshooting and resolving applicant inquiries.
• Design, distribute and measure the results of candidate experience surveys
• Collaborate with the HR & T&D Directors on training strategies for hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods
• Participate in Job Fairs, as needed
• Responsible for all phases of on-boarding to ensure new hires/rehires are efficiently on boarded with all information and system updates completed in a timely manner.
• Conducts New Employee Orientation (weekly rotation)
• Develop Retention Strategies
• Create and conduct employee surveys
• Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill, source of hire, retention, etc.
• Reviews current processes to determine if they are efficient and effective. Makes recommendations to HR Director for process improvements and implements. Develops and participates in the implementation of new systems and processes.
Offboarding Administration –
• Responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with Team Member Off-boarding.
• Conducts exit interviews on all exiting employees or ensures electronic/paper exit interviews are completed timely, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Prepare and distribute off-boarding packets for exiting employees before their last day or within the week following termination.
• Update HRMS with exit interview data timely
• Prepare analytical reports as needed
About the Company
Offering patient care, technical, business and service positions, MANA is the employer for 23 diverse clinics including a pediatric group with three clinics, a large internal medicine based multi-specialty clinic, eight family practice clinics, urgent care clinics, an imaging center, three breast imaging centers, a women’s clinic, a central billing office, and an administrative office. MANA has locations in Washington and Benton county.
We seek people who share our tradition of excellence and our passion for healthcare.
Human Resources, 4 years
Leave Administration, 2 years
High school or equivalent (Required)
Associate’s degree (Preferred but not required)
Paid Days Off
Extended Illness Days