Company: BNSF Logistics
This position’s primary purpose is to provide professional advice and consultation to management regarding employee relations, affirmative action/equal employment opportunity, recruiting, selection, placement, policy development and enforcement, performance management, and compliance and separations. Interpret, implement and execute BNSF Logistics’ programs and/or policies. Support strategic initiatives and facilitate attainment of business goals and objectives. This is an exciting role for an HR professional who thrives in a fast paced, creative, high energy environment that will allow you to become involved in multiple areas of the organization.
Detailed Job Description
The HR Generalist will be engaged in a diverse scope of projects, working in concert with a variety of personnel resources, at any one time. These endeavors may include the following responsibilities:
- Provides advice and counsel on complex performance management issues and supports managers in applying HR policies to high risk situations.
- Responds to complex questions related to interpretation of HR policy/processes.
- Partners with managers and other business leaders to address performance gaps and facilitates discussions/process to assess appropriate action.
- Provides coaching to managers related to all aspects of performance including delivering feedback effectively and partnering with colleagues to improve performance.
- Facilitate communication between employees, management and other HR functions as appropriate.
- Assure compliance of human resources activities with applicable federal, state and company specifications, laws and requirements including equal employment opportunity and the affirmative action program.
- Conduct and manage investigation of complaints and concerns, assess the severity, determine root causes and recommend appropriate next steps.
- Provide support to employees and third parties upon request concerning payroll, deductions, vacation, employment verification and other inquiries.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Process and evaluate requests for background checks and drug tests.
- Assist and/or administer a variety of support duties including: payroll support; worker's compensation programs; exit interviews; monthly and adhoc reports; arrangements for various company events and functions; verify employment inquiries according to established policy and coordination of wellness activities; etc.
- Manage special projects and initiatives as needed including partnering with various aspects of the business to increase employee satisfaction.
- Provides input on continuous improvement opportunities within HR and specifically Generalist Services.
- Perform any other duty assigned.
About the Company
BNSF Logistics is an industry-leading transportation intermediary, committed to providing value to each of our customers through professional acumen, entrepreneurial drive, and individual commitment. We are one of the fastest growing 3PLs in North America and pride ourselves on service flexibility and modal breadth. BNSF Logistics is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC.
Our vision is to establish BNSF Logistics as the leader in providing creative logistics solutions that consistently exceed our customers' expectations. BNSF Logistics offers services that range from single shipment execution to complete network design and operation. Our modal expertise spans parcel, truckload, intermodal, and rail. BNSF Logistics provides a blend of professional expertise with logistics technology designed to maximize customer value.
At BNSF Logistics, our vision, mission and values define who we are and how we do business.
VISION:To be a premier global multi-modal logistics services and solutions company.
MISSION:To provide a superior customer experience by delivering innovative, flexible and value driven solutions.
VALUES:People • Integrity • Profitability • Accountability • Creativity
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Leadership, Industrial Psychology, or related field with 2 years of experience
- The ideal candidate will possess HR certification (SHRM or HRCI)
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Human Resources best practices
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely answer questions and convey information to staff, and management
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees