Company: UL LLC (Underwriters Laboratories)
Location: Bentonville, AR
Under general supervision in assigned human resources area, performs professional assignments requiring originality and ingenuity with some latitude for un-reviewed decisions. Generalist activities may include: compensation, employee relations, benefits, and training and employee development issues. May be assigned as HR representative with Generalist responsibilities for one or more departments/groups within the division/affiliate.
Detailed Job Description
- Under general supervision in assigned human resources area, performs professional assignments requiring originality and ingenuity with some latitude for un-reviewed decisions. Generalist activities may include: compensation, employee relations, benefits, and training and employee development issues. May be assigned as HR representative with Generalist responsibilities for one or more departments/groups within the division/affiliate.
- Applies fundamental concepts and practices in assigned areas. Confers with manager on unusual matters.
- Assists in the development of new or revised programs and policies by performing and summarizing research. May assist in analyzing research data or in developing program or policy features.
- Works closely with management to ensure a positive employee relations environment. Listens to employee problems and may provide feedback to functional managers.
- Communicates with management and employees regarding Human Resources issues. Explains and interprets personnel policies, procedures, and processes as directed. Develops working knowledge of important legislation related to Labor Law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About the Company
Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree) in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration, or a related discipline, plus generally two years of professional level Human Resources Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to administer HR programs and assist in the development of new or revised programs. Working knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and processes.
- Basic knowledge of fundamental concepts of all other functional areas of human resources.
- Basic knowledge of human resources concepts and the HR legal environment.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred, but not required
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage available upon hire
- Eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
- Eligible for a Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA)
- Company-sponsored Wellness Programs
- Vacation accural beginning upon hire
- Nine (9) Holidays & Two (2) Floating Holidays per year
- Company-sponsored Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company-sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance coverage (with optional additional coverage)
- Eligibility for UL's Financial Security Plan [401(k)] upon hire, with company match
- Critical Illness and Group Accident coverage available
To learn more about working at UL, visit www.ulcareers.com
All applications must be submitted online. Resumes submitted via email will not be considered.
To apply, visit: https://usenglish-ul.icims.com/jobs/7921/human-resources-generalist/job?hub=9