Company: OUTDOOR CAP
The Human Resources Business Partner leads the day-to-day operations of the JUNK Brands Human Resource function and may assist with HR projects for parent/sister companies Outdoor Cap and Legendary Headwear as needed. The position is a member of the JUNK management team and partners with stakeholders from all departments providing organizational direction and advice as needed. Primary duties consist of supervision of recruiting activities, office administration, training & development, HRIS systems, reporting and employee relations. Maintains absolute confidentiality and a positive ‘customer service face’ on behalf of the company, department and management team. They may act as additional resource for OC HR Department when the VP is unavailable.
Detailed Job Description
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Administers formalized job requisition processes:
o Ensures accurate job descriptions are obtained and assist in updating and/or writing JD as needed
o Prepares and posts new and open positions
Recruit/advertise for open Positions as needed
Plan, organize, coordinate and oversee the Interview process
Recruit and screen Seasonal and/or Temporary workers including advertisement, job fair, skills assessments and screening of applicants
Communicate with various candidates through the recruiting process
Produces and (or reviews) Offer letters
o Ensures pre-hire processes are completed per policy: Signed Offer Letter & Job Description, Background check and Drug Screen completed.
o Coordination, scheduling and facilitation of Orientation meetings for all new hires (Salary, Hourly, Seasonal and Temp labor) including company Vision and policies/handbook. This may include multiple video clips and handout materials.
o May conduct New Hire Tours
o Assures badge creation and photos added to archives
o Ensures follow through with Supervisors regarding 30/60/90 day on-boarding for all new employees and seasonal temps
Training & Development
• Administers biennial (every other year) Sexual Harassment Training for entire labor force; while assuring all new hires and new Supervisors attend as needed.
• Assists in skills gap assessments to ascertain needed training and development of same.
• Assists in development, distribution and collection of monthly Safety Training materials (mfg./dist.)
• Develops, updates and facilitates Supervisor Training annually with an eye for both skills gap, federal/state law, and company policy review.
• May also administer position-based Training Plans
• Administers post-training feedback
• Maintains and/or audits HRIS Systems data which includes but is not limited to keying (or managing the input of) new hires, transfers, personnel changes, and terminations.
• Ensures new hire files are complete and accurately entered into HRIS system and timekeeper.
• Maintains timely and historical Organizational Charts
• Maintains various reports including (but not limited to): Labor Force, Turnover, Recruiting/Promotions, Training)
• Manages filing systems including personnel, medical and 401K information properly and according to policy.
Payroll & Benefits Administration
• Processes Bi-Weekly Payroll for JUNK Brands Company. May also provide back-up assistance for Outdoor Cap & Legendary payrolls as needed
• Facilitates monthly Benefits Orientations (for newly eligible employees) and keys enrollment information into the HRIS system. May assist in billing audits when needed.
• Work in conjunction with corporate HR team to develop, edit and execute necessary manuals including but not limited to Employee Handbook, Seasonal Temp Manual, Position-based Training Plans and Supervisors Training Materials.
Work may include:
o Researching policies and available resources
o Developing outline, and adding content
o Use available MS Office Programs to do layout work on manuals and ready them for print
o Create communication plan
o Create PowerPoint presentations for communication
o Get input from users on areas which may need enhancement for those already in existence (Employee Handbook and Seasonal Temp Manual) and solicit input on what is needed for those not in existence (Position-based Training Plans and Supervisor’s Training Manual)
• Coordinates all elements necessary for events, with a strong plan for making sure all parties are notified and prepared. This includes but is not limited to company events, recruiting events, and training events. This may include food, setup, decoration, communication and generating enthusiasm.
• May assist in preparation of company/staff meeting materials including but not limited to Suggestion Box materials and administration of company Service awards (managing stock, additional embroidery, distribution, etc.)
• Administers or advises employees regarding company benefits as needed (i.e. qualifying events, changes, questions).
• Administers Worker’s Compensation program, completing all required steps.
• Coordinates Exit Interviews and reports findings to Executive team
• May coach, counsel and review employee Assessments or Corrective Actions providing feedback as needed.
• Responds to unemployment claims.
• Resolves employee disputes within the context of company policies, balancing advocacy to both the employee and the company.
o Examples might include but are not limited to questions regarding systems usage, benefits, payroll, insurance and training.
• Provides administrative support for on-site time: set up meetings/meeting rooms/follow up with candidates and/or guests
• In coordination of corporate HR: plans, coordinates and manages facilitation of company events including Open Enrollment Meetings, Blood Drives, United Way Campaigns, Flu Shots, etc.
Skills and Specifications
• Strong time management, project management, problem solving and business acumen skills to execute workload efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral and work well within teams and among executives and hourly employees alike.
• Strong work ethic and communication skills with demonstrated flexibility under pressure to meet tight deadlines with minimal errors.
• Ability to establish and maintain business partner relationships with internal and external customers.
• Proven progressive experience with standard HR concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Power Point)
• The person in this position frequently communicates with various levels of employees and must be able to exchange accurate (and appropriate) information in a clear manner.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position (seated) 70% of the day and regularly walk, reach, bend and move between buildings and offices to access employees.
• Required to have close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, expansive reading and operate other office machinery
• Ability to move 10-20lbs occasionally throughout day
• Able to hear a telephone ring
About the Company
JUNK is one of the country’s fastest growing companies. We are a Northwest Arkansas based headband company specializing in the designing, manufacturing and distribution of amazing headbands through a complete Omni-channel work environment.
At JUNK we live in a culture of empowerment. Empowerment of the Brand, product, customer and employees. We accomplish this by demanding excellence and overcoming conventional thinking. We truly believe JUNK is exactly what you need to get that step closer to your ultimate goal.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business; and 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience: 5+ years of Human Resources experience
• PHR, SPHR (or equivalent certifications) as well as ADP experience a plus
• Travel: Minimal
Generous Medical plans with H.S.A. funding, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Life/ADD, Accident, Critical Illness, 401k/Profit Sharing (with safe harbor match), EAP programs, PTO and Holiday pay - and free headbands & caps!
Apply at: https://www.outdoorcap.com/careers