Company: University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
Location: Fayetteville, AR
The Human Resources Analyst will work with Central compensation to review compensation approvals in the HRIS, work with campus departments to assess current and future staffing needs, process special rates and requests to ADHE, approve extra help positions as well as audit and maintain background check database on all positions.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function of this job, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
About the Company
Founded in 1871, the University of Arkansas is a land grant institution, classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the nation's top 2 percent of universities with the highest level of research activity. The University of Arkansas works to advance Arkansas and build a better world through education, research and outreach by providing transformational opportunities and skills, promoting an inclusive and diverse culture and climate, and nurturing creativity, discovery and the spread of new ideas and innovations.
The University of Arkansas campus is located in Fayetteville, a welcoming community ranked as one of the best places to live in the U.S. The growing region surrounding Fayetteville is home to numerous Fortune 500 companies and one of the nation's strongest economies. Northwest Arkansas is also quickly gaining a national reputation for its focus on the arts and overall quality of life.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
• Bachelor's degree in human resources, public administration, or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education
• At least two years of human resources experience
• Experience at an institution of higher education
• Experience with WorkDay
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources
• Knowledge of state and federal personnel laws, policies, and procedures
• Knowledge of organizational management, payroll, benefits, and budget processes
• Ability to interview and extract information from application
• Ability to analyze information and recommend appropriate action
• Ability to plan and perform organizational analysis and feasibility studies
• Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others
• Ability to prepare and present oral and written information and reports
Constant Physical Activity
Frequent Physical Activity
• Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Talking
Occasional Physical Activity
Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Required Documents to Apply
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources, ADMN 222, (479) 575-5351,