Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
The HR Advisor is responsible for using a consultative approach with clients to provide customized and practical HR solutions to challenges across a range of HR functions including talent selection, compensation, employee relations, leave administration, performance management, employee benefits, policies and procedures, training and development, and regulatory compliance.
Detailed Job Description
- Provide strategic and tactical solutions in all functional areas of Human Resources to TPC Vision clients of varying company sizes and from a wide range of industries.
- Perform discovery process with new clients in order to obtain information and prepare risk assessments.
- Prepare customized Employee Handbooks in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Assist with setup of recruiting and applicant tracking solution and develop content such as job advertisements, communications, and job questions; provide guidance on sourcing candidates and conducting background screenings and develop interview guides and offer letter templates.
- Review clients’ onboarding process and develop customized documents, checklists, and training materials to enhance new employee experience.
- Review clients’ performance management process and develop tools such as performance evaluations, corrective action forms, and performance improvement plans; provide guidance on handling progressive corrective action and conducting termination meetings.
- Conduct market research to establish pay ranges and develop compensation plans; create total compensation statements for clients.
- Provide guidance on leave administration, ADA interactive process, investigations, affirmative action practices, EEOC and state commission claims, ACA reporting, COBRA administration, benefit notices/disclosure obligations and safety practices.
- Utilize HCM system to help clients automate performance management process, pull required government reporting information, and populate various employee data fields.
- Communicate changing employment laws to clients and review clients’ policies and practices to ensure compliance.
- Create job descriptions and perform FLSA classification testing to ensure compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Perform audits of personnel files, I-9 documents, and workplace posters.
- Research wage and hour laws and seek clarification from various government agencies to ensure compliance with other employment laws and regulations.
- Develop customized forms and templates such as exit checklists and exit surveys; prepare employment agreements such as non-solicitation, confidentiality, telecommuting, company vehicle use, etc.
- Prepare and submit unemployment claim protests as needed.
- Develop employee, manager and HR trainings on various topics and conduct in person and web-based trainings.
- Collaborate with implementation team, customer service representatives, and other team members to coordinate client success.
- Work in tandem with service solution partners and other service providers.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law and regulations.
- Exceptional HR technical knowledge and current best practices.
- Familiarity with payroll and HR terminology.
- Familiarity and proficiency using automated payroll software and report generators.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to stay abreast of legislative issues and new HR practices.
- Ability to understand and learn HCM solution and stay current with changing technologies.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and vendors.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet client deadlines.
- Strong consulting skills and ability to exceed client expectations with a proactive approach.
- Strong initiative and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- The ability to solve HR related problems and communicate with multiple clients.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment.
About the Company
Founded in 2001, TPC (The Payroll Company) is a cloud-based, full-service payroll provider based in Springfield, Missouri with satellite offices throughout Arkansas and Missouri. Our cutting-edge Payroll and Human Capital Management (HCM) system provides clients with the latest in technology to meet their workforce needs.
At TPC, we pride ourselves by building long-lasting relationships with our customers with a personal, one-on-one approach. With little to no turnover in staff, our clients enjoy working with a dedicated CSR who knows their account and is committed to providing exceptional service. Our Vision clients also enjoy working with a dedicated team of HR professionals.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Bachelors’ degree in human resources, business or other related field or equivalent combined education and work experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years previous human resources experience preferred.
- Previous human resources experience in a client facing capacity preferred.
- Experience working with a Human Capital Management system is beneficial.
401(k) and match; Paid health, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, and group term life insurance. 3 weeks PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts
To apply, go to:
Ready for a challenge?
With continued growth in our HR Managed Services division, we are seeking an HR Advisor to join the TPC Vision team. This position will primarily be responsible for supporting clients in the State of Arkansas with the office for this position being in Bentonville, Arkansas.
Utilizing a highly consultative approach in a client facing capacity, the HR Advisor provides customized and practical HR solutions to challenges across a range of HR functions including talent selection, compensation, employee relations, leave administration, performance management, employee benefits, policies and procedures, training and development, and regulatory compliance.
This role is best suited for someone who enjoys multi-tasking and going above and beyond to meet and exceed client expectations. The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law and regulations, previous technical HR experience, familiarity with human capital management solutions, the ability to build strong relationships with clients and vendors, and effective project management skills. This position requires frequent interaction with clients, vendors and internal team members. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, working with many different companies across different industries, and enjoy problem solving, you are a perfect fit for this job!