Company: Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter
Location: 860 NW Vaughn Rd, Bentonville, AR 72713
A member of the Executive Leadership team, the Director of Human Resources reports directly to the Executive Director. The position leads, develops, and coordinates the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission, vision, values and talent strategy.
Detailed Job Description
● Champion the organization’s mission, values and culture.
● Collaborates with senior leadership to develop and implement the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
● Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
● Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
● Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
● Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends to inform practices.
● Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
● Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
● Develops and implements departmental budget.
● Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
● Serves as a liaison for the Board HR Committee and assists the Executive Director at Board of Director meetings, quarterly staff meetings and as needed at other planning meetings and events.
● Performs other duties as required.
About the Company
Since 1993, the Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter (NWACS) has cared for more than 12,000 children in crisis from throughout the state of Arkansas. As the largest emergency children’s shelter in the state, NWACS annually serves hundreds of children who have been abused, abandoned or neglected. Our 32-bed, state-of-the-art complex offers an array of trauma-informed services including onsite counseling and therapy, medical services, and a school. The combination of these features creates a stable, secure and loving environment where children who have experienced abuse, abandonment or neglect can begin to heal.
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
● At least five years of human resource management experience required.
● SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
● Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
● Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
● Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
We offer a full benefits package, including medical, dental and vision. Medical benefits include PPO and HSA options. We pay 80% of the cost of the employee's coverage. Additional add-on insurance options are also available. This position receives 190 hours of PTO at the beginning of the year, which is prorated based on start date. We offer a 403(b) retirement plan and the potential of a year-end bonus.
Please apply via our website.