Company: Benton County Government
The Coordinator of Training and Benefits serves in a critical role for Benton County. Currently, we utilize an on-line micro-learning system while other training is decentralized. This position offers the opportunity to create, communicate, and evaluate training programs that meet the various needs of our elected officials and department heads, as well as facilitate our weekly new employee orientation. The second important role of the Coordinator of Training and Benefits is to serve as the point person for our partially self-funded health plan, group plans, and supplemental policies. This includes researching and recommending new initiatives that would provide our employees with better benefits and reduce the cost of our claims. Troubleshooting claims issues for employees, coordinating our annual health fair, processing and monitoring all FMLA requests, and processing workers compensation claims are also the responsibilities of the coordinator.
Detailed Job Description
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assists elected officials in identifying training needs and designing/delivering these training opportunities when needed.
2. Conducts weekly new employee orientation and recommend improvements in content and delivery methods.
3. Surveys various State and Federal agencies for existing training offerings.
4. Communicates training opportunities to the elected officials and department heads.
5. Handles logistics for all on-site training.
6. Establishes and implements a system for identifying, communicating, and tracking actions of those newly eligible for the County's benefit plan.
7. Tracks and processes all benefits-related invoices
8. Reconciles and processes monthly combined benefits invoice and AFLAC invoice.
9. Coordinates Annual Benton County Health Fair and ongoing wellness activities including education programs in the areas of chronic disease and improving overall health.
10. Collect and analyze employee utilization data to identify areas for employee wellness programs, cost reductions, and increased efficiencies.
11. Expedite the process for life insurance for our employees or their surviving benefactor.
12. Advise and assist employees and their supervisors as to how to access the Employee Assistance Program.
13. Coordinates the annual flu shot disbursements including selecting the best vendor, establishing the number of doses to be purchased, and establishing a method for those to receive vaccines at alternative times and dates.
14. Coordinates the annual on-site mammogram screenings, including location, disseminating information, and scheduling employees for participation.
15. Administers health, life, dental, retirement, cafeteria plan insurance programs, monitor enrollment, premium payments, COBRA participation and compliance, HIPPA, and provide information to the various plans. Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws such as ADA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPPA, etc.
16. Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations and assist with preparation of special reports, answer miscellaneous government surveys, various correspondence, and other related duties as needed or requested.
17. Develop, disseminate, and evaluate communication tools to enhance the employees’ understanding and appreciation for the County’s benefit plan.
18. Must be knowledgeable and be willing to assist with all other job responsibilities within the Human Resource Department.
19. Research other employee benefits plans, assess current trends and make recommendations to the human resources manager for plan redesign or improvements.
20. Research all Federal and State legislation concerning employer health care plans and workers compensation and advise the Human Resource Manager of changes and potential impact.
21. Assist in coordinating the benefit renewal process; including identifying the critical needs of the employee population, estimating the funds available, and schedule meetings for plan revisions and acceptance.
22. Serves as the central point for all workplace injuries, including scheduling appointments, providing information for health care providers, and notification of our risk management provider. Also coordinates proper payment schedules so the employee doesn’t, unwillingly, suffer loss of pay.
23. Process and administer all Workers Compensation claims as required by law and AAC Risk Management and compile quarterly reports on types of injuries by department.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field and three to five years’ experience in a training and/or benefits role. Seven to ten years managerial experience in the employee benefits area and/or training may replace the degree requirement. PHR and/or CEBS certifications preferred.
Fully-paid health insurance, $40,000 life insurance, and LTD
Paid vacation based on years of service
Twelve paid sick days per year
Eleven paid holidays
Normal work hours 8:00 - 4:30, Monday through Friday
Hiring range: $39,105.33 to $43,993.50 based on experience and education