Company: City of Fayetteville
Location: 113 W. Mountain, Fayetteville, AR
Essential Job Duties:
1. Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
2. Perform supervisory responsibilities which may include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City's policies and applicable laws.
3. Responsible for electronic timekeeping system including all necessary maintenance and adjustments to ensure accurate employee records. Work with vendor to obtain software updates, test all updates and schedule installations with IT.
4. Responsible for all year end reporting for payroll and pension, including but not limited to W-2's, 1099R's, 1095C's, 941's and state reporting.
5. Oversee payroll functions, verify accuracy of payroll wages, deductions and procedures. Work with Human Resources and other departments or divisions on payroll issues and time and attendance software issues.
6. Serve as backup to perform all payroll functions if needed.
7. Answer questions, resolve issues and provide assistance to other City divisions/departments.
8. Oversee accounts receivable functions.
9. Oversee generation of financial statements and budget reports for internal use and distribute to City Council
10. Prepare numerous audit schedules and work with external audit firm.
11. Review procedures and work with IT to improve current methods and procedures to fully utilize software applications.
12. Work with IT to load all benefits and other changes in payroll system. Test changes and work with IT to resolve issues.
13. Oversee/make all changes in payroll software to accommodate changes in benefits and deductions.
14. Review/prepare Pension Review Board (PRB) report for old pension plans. Review monthly LOPFI report and work with LOPFI to resolve any issues.
15. Review and approve manual journal entries.
16. Assist with Comprehensive Annual Financial Report ( CAFR). Compile final CAFR and distribute. Index to document management.
17. Oversee the administration of the City's travel and training policy, resolving issues as necessary.
Secondary Job Duties:
1. Serve as backup for daily receipts from business office and oversee bank deposits and related journal entry process. Work with business office personnel to resolve any discrepancies.
About the Company
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting, Finance or Business from a college or university, four years of related experience and two years of management experience.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses and any offense under A.C.A. 21-15-103 and A.C.A. 21-15-111.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the theory and practices of governmental accounting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply these principles to the maintenance of fiscal and accounting records while also using analytical skills necessary to resolve complex accounting problems.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of a computer and related software programs such as spreadsheet applications. Must also have the ability to become highly knowledgeable about the City's financial software application and document management system. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, move from location to location, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision abilities to accomplish computer and office work.
Full Time, 40 or more hours per week, non uniformed employee. Eligible for all City benefits offered to full time non uniformed employees and all full time City accruals of paid leave.
Please click this link for more details on City employee benefits: